Tuesday, July 1, 2014

Sans Viande Recipe # 1

Tuesday, July 1, 2014
These two things have to be the best things known to man, not to forget about sleep though. I love food and food is LOVE <3.  After some self-reflection I discovered that I've officially maintained my meat-less diet now for a solid four months. Exciting right? True dedication! I am not your traditional vegetarian, but I am a pescatarian.
Every time I say, “I’m a pescatarian” someone responds, “Huh? What? A Presbyterian”. NO! A pescatarian is simply a vegetarian that eats seafood.

Now, this hasn’t been the hugest transition ever since I was never the biggest red meat eater any way, but in my past life chicken was everything. Surprisingly enough I haven’t even had the slightest craving for a succulent buffalo wing with good ranch dressing from Dallas BBQs. Can you tell that I’m lying through the very movement of my fingers on this keyboard or am I convincing? Of course I've wanted a chicken wing or two but I’ve been strong. There are wonderful meat alternatives and yummy veggies to keep you away from all the yucky chemicals in the meat of today’s world. Eat up

Here’s a super fun, super tasty, & most importantly SUPER DELICIOUS recipe. I haven’t tried it yet, but I certainly will soon! Of course follow the guidelines to ensure correct preparation of dish, but I always like to put a bit of a twist any time I get a recipe from a cookbook! 

Bon Appetit! :)

Submitted by: SNAVELA1 


Introduction
Im making these for superbowl so I wanted to list them before, trying to stay away from the wings and dip!
Minutes to Prepare: 15
Minutes to Cook: 12
Number of Servings: 10


Ingredients
20 Large Mushrooms
1 Can (6 oz.) of Crabmeat
1 Tbsp. Light Mayo
2 oz. 1/3 less fat Cream Cheese
2 Tbsp Reduced Fat Parmesan Cheese
1/8 tsp Seasoning Salt
1/8 tsp Black Pepper
1/4 tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Lemon Juice
2 Tbsp. Chives


Directions
Preheat oven to 400.
Clean mushrooms and remove stems.
Mix all other ingredients in a small bowl.
Stuff the mushrooms evenly with the crab mixture.
Place on baking sheet, ungreased, and bake for 12 minutes.
Serve.

Number of Servings: 10

 Xoxo,
Brionna J




No comments:

Post a Comment

. . .Beautiful Destinations © 2014