Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Trusting Love One More Time

Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Doing some celebrity instagram surfing I came across Khloe Kardashian’s profile and saw this meme that included a quote from the late great Dr. Maya Angelou. In true Brionna fashion my mind began to wander on the topic of love. 


love [luhv] Show IPA
noun
1.
a profoundly tender, passionate affection for another person.
2.
a feeling of warm personal attachment or deep affection, as for a parent, child, or friend.
3.
Sexual passion or desire.
4.
a person toward whom love is felt; beloved person; sweetheart.

So this is the definition of love that Dictionary.com provides, however I’m not completely convinced that love can actually be defined in one particular way. If I had to describe love in one word it would be dynamic, it is a force like no other. To put it plain and simple, and of course to quote one of my favorite movies, “love is the thing, you know.” (That’s Sex & the City if you didn’t know!)

We may ask ourselves after every breakup or heartbreak how can something that’s held in such high esteem, hurt so bad. To answer this question I like to look to the phrase God is love simply because that particular combination of words correlate in my mind. The way in which God moves is often times mysterious yet clever, unexpected yet welcomed. The same goes for love. The conundrum we call love is an ideal, though it cannot be solved and sometimes seems unattainable most of us strive to achieve this in its truest and most genuine form. If we as humans are put on this earth to love, how is it that love can hurt so bad and why is it that we have to go through 80 different loves in order to find our one true love. There is a simple answer to that question: Everything is a process.

What makes love so dynamic is that it’s comprised of many facets and even a simple discussion of love will lead you down the road to other topics. Even as I sit and think about it, the concept of love easily sways my thought process to the topic of destiny and fate and that in itself will take you to another concept of soul mates (Oh, and there will be a future blog post dedicated to soulmates). These are all ideas that are heavily related but for now I’ll keep my endless thoughts on a leash and focus on one thing only – NOT GIVING UP ON LOVE.

Love is just like anything else in life, it may not come easy. What I like to think differentiates this special little enigma though, is the fact that we were put here on earth for this reason, so its kind of a given. What is most important to understand about love is that it is a process. You will never reach a new destination without first traveling there. My birthday is coming up & I’ll be going on vacation but I’m not going to close my eyes, open them and be on a tropical island. No, I have to pack myself up, get myself on a plane and then arrive to my destination. Consider your failed relationships layovers, delayed flights, and pit stops to your final destination of enchanted love. Since I’m going with this whole trip theme, how often do you get caught in traffic and say, “Ahh screw this I’m half way there but its too much traffic, I’m going home”? Only like never right?  The one failed relationship you just had could put you closer to your prince charming. Not only will trials and tribulations help you appreciate him when comes but recognize that you may not have been ready for that prince if he came knocking any earlier. Every experience comes with a lesson. Sometimes you cross paths with people for the sole purpose of learning something you never would’ve had you not encountered them. Respect the process.

We all deserve love, but more importantly we all deserve to make someone outside of ourselves feel the same love we desire. To simply remember that life and love are both processes should be enough to get anyone through when they are feeling down on love. Define love in your own way and seek out those who measure it the same as you do. No matter how many times you thought this was the one and it wasn’t “have enough courage to trust love one more time and always one more time”, it will happen when its meant to.


Xoxo,
Brionna 

No comments:

Post a Comment

. . .Beautiful Destinations © 2014